Tree & Landscaping Issues
The City of Darlington has been recognized as a Tree City USA for 17 consecutive years. The City tree is the oak. City ordinance specifies that
- No street trees shall be trimmed, cut, damaged, or removed without prior approval.
- Clear-cutting of vacant lots is not permitted without a landscaping plan approved by the Beautification Board.
- Removal of trees 48 inches in circumference or larger requires action by the City of Darlington Tree Board or confirmation of its hazardous nature by the City Arborist. Call the Planning Department to schedule.
- New developments require 1 tree per 10 parking spaces.
- When leaving yard debris out for collection, please call the Sanitation Department 843-398-4035 to alert them that pick up is needed.
- Landscaping companies must remove debris as part of their service.
For questions regarding any tree issues you may have, call the Planning Department at 843-398-4000 x 103 or email [email protected].